Logo_header

Craftree Forum Tree > InTatters Forums for Shuttle and Needle Tatting > Member Patterns > Tatted Acorn Pattern

Views: 569

Tatted Acorn Pattern

F021e090509a545b9a72e368067ca336232ddf6b

Thread created on 1405382748 by Leeanne.

Noavatar
S

Bottom of Acorn:

R: 8-4 (top)-8, close (bottom of ring), reverse

first side of ring
C: 10+ to p at top of ring, reverse (turn and go back), p (top of next ch)
C: 12+ to bottom of ring

Work chains on the second side of ring
C: 10 + to p (at top of ring), reverse, p
C: 12 + to bottom

Work chains on the first side of ring
C: 14 + p of previous ch, reverse p
C: 16 + bottom

Repeat the chains for the second side of ring, finishing at the bottom.

First side of ring:
CH: 18 + to top of previous ch, reverse, p
CH: 20 + to bottom

Repeat these chains for second side of ring, last join at the bottom

You can add more chains if you like.

TOP of Acorn:

Row 1: Join at picot on the end, ch 5 + join to the picot of the ring, ch 5, join to next picot of ring, ch 5 join to last picot on top of acorn
ch 5, turn join to previous ch,

Row 2: chain 5 join to next chain, ch 5 join to the next ch, ch 5 join to the last ch, split chain 2/3

Row 3: ch 5, join to next ch, ch 5 join to next ch, split chain 2/3

Row 4: ch 5 join to next ch, ch 6 join to nex ch, chain 5

Stem: Any number of regular stitches or node (half-stiches) you want

32a2c1ebed0a581c6854ad9d2a7789ac206669de
S

Oh thank you for sharing!!! I love acorns and this tatted one is lovely!!

6fe0e0e89f8bfb3c10fe5520538c97250cddb8fb
In
S

Hello Leeanne :-)

I hadn't realized that you've started this thread ...

Thanks for sharing this pattern - I love the acorn you tatted !

Here's my first attempt. I had to refer back to the pic in your album, to get it looking closer to what you made then/there.
I couldn't get the spiraling effect quite as good as yours, tho'. And it was my first time doing the Split Chain - ah ! finally got to learn it, instead of pushing it away for later. So the SCs are not up to the mark, altho' I did get it right in the last one.
There are some deletions & some additions required in the written instructions, to get it looking like your original. I've made notes as I mentioned in my communication.

intatters-attachment

For some reason, I cannot upload the image of the bottom part when I initially followed only the written pattern ... Anyways, will wait for your go-ahead for details, etc.

EDIT : The written-pattern pic is uploaded (below as an attached thumbnail) but some weird bug is interfering ... it's all very confusing - I can see it when I post, but not otherwise :-(

Attachment:

acorn 3.jpg

Attachment:

acorn 2 IT.jpg

40f509965e774e43eb025134a5c682edb0b19639
S

adorable. thank you for sharing.

6fe0e0e89f8bfb3c10fe5520538c97250cddb8fb
In
S

Hello all :-)

Leanne’s project image in her album was so perfect that I referred back to it in order to proceed with the pattern.

Here are notes on my trial .... I have used green color to indicate changes made/required to original pattern :

BOTTOM of Acorn:
R: 8-4 (top)-8, close (bottom of ring), reverse

first side of ring
C: 10 **+** to p at top of ring, reverse (turn and go back), p (top of next ch)
C: 12 (13) **+** to bottom of ring

Work chains on the second side of ring
C: 10 **+** to p (at top of ring), reverse, p
C: 12 (13) **+** to bottom

Work chains on the first side of ring
C: 14 (15) **+** p of previous ch, reverse p
C: 16 (17) **+** bottom

Repeat the chains for the second side of ring, finishing at the bottom. , 7 + , Tie & cut.

The following was not done in the image. Yet I tried it but did not like the proportions (as is clear in the thumbnail image in post#3 above) & hence I disregarded these additional chains from {{ to }}.
{{First side of ring:
CH: 18 + to top of previous ch, reverse, p
CH: 20 + to bottom

Repeat these chains for second side of ring, last join at the bottom

You can add more chains if you like.}}

TOP of Acorn:
Row 1: Join at picot on the end, ch 5 **+** join to the picot of the ring, ch 5, join to next picot of ring, ch 5 join to last picot on top of acorn
ch 5, turn join to previous ch,

Row 2: chain 5 join to next chain, {{ ch 5 join to the next ch }}, ch 5 join to the last ch, split chain 2/3

Row 3: ch 5, join to next ch, ch 5 join to next ch, split chain 2/3

Row 4: ch 5 join to next ch, ch 6 join to next ch, chain 5 split chain 2/3
Split chain 2/3, then start stem ….

Stem: Any number of regular stitches or node (half-stitches) you want

• Picots for the bottom should be normal to just a bit longish ; not on the smaller/shorter side. If these are short, then the tatting will not lie flat at joins.
  • An individual’s tatting tension may require some alteration in stitch count. I think I may have tatted just a bit loosely, hence needed an extra stitch in the bottom chains. Or it may just have been a difference in thread types.

• I used 2 types of joins. **+ - make loop with shuttle #1& pass ball or shuttle #2 thread through this loop & tighten. ; +** - Lock join .

• One can either use 2 shuttles Or a shuttle & ball. For bottom I used shuttle & ball; for top I used 2 shuttles CTM.

• For the bottom, I required only about 12-15 inches in shuttle (size 20 thread)

• For the top, I wound 104 inches CTM in 2 shuttles.

Hope this helps
I thoroughly enjoyed tatting this. And I learned to do split chains using Frivole's method (video tut).
I still think the proportions of the acorn I made could be improved upon, to more closely resemble Leanne's ... hopefully in future attempts ...

muskaan

37b17ff2e0b1a3de6ca2d9db33bb69cb6ce7121f
S

I like this little acorn. Thank you for sharing the pattern.